Friday, February 12, 2010

Making Valentine Goodies

This isn't my original idea, but after spending all day running around doing errands and having Ella's talent show, I had to come up with something different.

My original idea was to take these flower hair clips that I made and put them onto cards that we were going to stamp to look like a flower garden. I was going to put a slit into the card and attach the clip. A Valentine card and hair clip all in one. But I ran out of time.

So instead, we did this:
Photobucket
And then clipped the flower onto the ribbon and added a small note.
Photobucket

I used the crochet flower found in this tutorial and attached it to a clip that I lined with ribbon and attached a little button! Wednesday, I crocheted 20 flowers (I'm new to crocheting, so it is still time consuming for me) and Thursday, I spent making the hair clips. I was in a panic as I was running out of time and needed to get to the talent show. We got back late and I had to finish these up. At 11:00 (I have a 7 month old who still refuses to sleep, so I try to get all the sleep I can get...and I was EXHAUSTED), the news came on. With 3 left to go, I hear on the news that schools would be closed on Friday. Darn!

C'est la vie!


PS: Still mad I didn't get to do my original idea. It would have been CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment