Thursday, March 4, 2010

Refashioned onesie

Photobucket
(Unfortunately, my husband stole my camera, so I don't have any pictures from along the way...sorry, maybe I'll (no maybe, I WILL) make another and take pictures along the way).

I, personally, don't like onesie on my daughter. Her little belly can't fit all her guts, so it sticks out and just looks quite funky on her.

I had this extra fabric lying around from another project (that I should post), and I just LOVE it...I had to come up with some excuse to use it.

I cut the bottom off a onesie (about 2 inches from the arms). You can elect to keep the bottom on. I used the longest straight stitch on the highest tension setting on my machine to gather the material. Sewed them together, and Poof, a new dress!!! :)

Oh, and I added the little flower for some detail. Did the same gathering technique and just rolled up the material and hand sewed it to the dress. (Ok, is "hand sewed it" proper English? It doesn't sound like it! Help a Southerner out! hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment